[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Raghani Pushpa pushpa at jncasr.ac.in
Mon Jul 21 09:07:24 CEST 2003

Dear users,
I am calculating the phonon spectrum for a bulk system. For that I
calculate the dynamical matrices at q points in IBZ and then
calculate the force constants in real space. I have the force
constants for 6x6x6 and 12x12x12 mesh. Then I use the matdyn.f
program to calculate the phonon spectrum. With this program for 6x6x6 mesh
the phonon spectrum is qualitatively correct but when I use the 12x12x12
mesh, frequencies at many intermediate pts are incorrect. Does anybody
have any idea as to why does it happen? With a larger q point mesh, the
phonon spectrum should improve, isn't it?

Pushpa