[Pw_forum] Symmetry Operations

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sun Jul 20 14:00:08 CEST 2003

The ony reason I can guess is that the symmetry group of your system
contains fractional translations which are commensurate with the FFT
grid generated with one cutoff, but not with the one generated with the
other. Just as a test, try to perform the two calculations by explicitly
declaring the same fft grid (i.e. not letting the program generate the
minimum grid compatible with the cutoff). If this is indeed the case,
you may want to work out a fix?

Best wishes,
Stefano B.