[Pw_forum] LDA+U in PWSCF and Germanium

Goranka Bilalbegovic goranka.bilalbegovic at zg.hinet.hr
Thu Aug 14 17:51:43 CEST 2003

> Let me know if you want my thesis or have some problems with lda+U
> calculations.

Dear Matteo,

I think that you should put your thesis on your web page (a simple link does
not take much time). I am not working on the lda+U problem, but often I
would like to learn something new and this is good for all users of PWscf.
Actually, I already did search for your thesis when  Taner asked this
question and did not find it. I know for your PRB paper, but this is not the
same. I was postdoc at SISSA (looong time ago, working on the glue MD with
Furio Ercolessi and Erio Tosatti) and this is why I know that a written Ph.D
thesis at SISSA is a very good source for learning.  I do not know why
recent theses are not on the SISSA web, but for example,

>Generally my problem in to computer the eigenvector for bulk Germanium...
>Can anybody say could the pseudopotential for Ge cited on PWscf.org be
>used for latticedynamics simulation of Germanium ?
>Prokudaylo Sergey.

I think that Sergey should look at  the thesis of Pasquale Pavone:
http://www.sissa.it/cm/thesis/1991/pavone.ps.gz

Best regards,
Goranka