[Pw_forum] mpirun

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Tue Apr 29 22:51:29 CEST 2003

Hi

> Well, I am little experienced with beowulf... but even so I can understand
> I must compile the parallel version of the program in order to run it on
> parallel :-))

that's a good starting point :-)) The problem is that what you think you
did may not correspond to what you actually did...

> I do compile the pararell version of the program.. I can run it in the
> localhost

does it print "Parallel version (MPI)" in the first lines of
output? have you already run parallel codes on this machine?
even a very simple code that just calls mpi_init, prints
something, calls mpi_finalize, will do the job: use it as
an example (main program is PW/pwscf.f90, mpi_init is
called in 'startup'). There are as many different mpi installations
as Beowulf machine, and each one behaves differently from all
others, apparently...

Paolo (not Paulo!)