[Pw_forum] linking FFTW

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at nest.sns.it
Wed Apr 23 19:39:34 CEST 2003

Hi

> It seems you compiled your FFTW library without
> --enable-shared flags during configuration.
> So, you should clean your FFTW directory (make clean)
> and then type ./configure --enable-shared (default is
> no dynamical libraries).

I don't think this is Ilyes' problem. The loader finds the fftw,
otherwise it would complain. The problem seems to be that
the operating system does not find the shared libraries for
fftw in the list of allowed shared libraries. There should be
two ways to fix this (on a Linux machine):
- add "/usr/local/lib" to file /etc/ld.so.conf, then run "ldconfig"
  (must be done as root)
- add "/usr/local/lib" to variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  (use "setenv" or "export" depending on the shell used)

Paolo

Paolo Giannozzi             e-mail:  giannozz at nest.sns.it
Scuola Normale Superiore    Phone:   +39/050509412
Piazza dei Cavalieri 7      Fax:     +39/050509417, 050563513
I-56126 Pisa, Italy         Office:  Lab. NEST, Via della Faggiola 19