[Pw_forum] linking FFTW

ilyes hamdi ilyeshamdi at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 23 14:00:25 CEST 2003

Hi
I 'm a beginner with PWSF, I download the last version
pw.1.2.0 and i try to compile  it with atlas
libraries, first i compile and modify my atlas
libraries to get the full lapack library, this
directory is
"Home/ilyes/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2" .i downlowd the
fftw2 rpm for linux and i install it.
The directoy of installation of fftw is
"/usr/local/lib". My compiler is intel compiler 7.0, i
followed
the instructions  in the manual to avoid I/O
incompatibility.then my make.sys appears like this:
CPPFLAGS = -I$(OSHOME)/include/ -DPC -DMKL -DFFTW  \
           -D"FFTWND_F77_ONE=fftwnd_f77_one_" \

-D"FFTW3D_F77_CREATE_PLAN=fftw3d_f77_create_plan_" \
           -D"FFTW_F77=fftw_f77_" \

-D"FFTW_F77_CREATE_PLAN=fftw_f77_create_plan_"
#
# Fortran compiler:
#
F90 = ifc
#
# fortran options:
# -Vaxlib         enables the use of portability
libraries (getarg
#                 and maybe other library calls)
# -W0             disable warnings
# -O3             more aggressive optimization
# -tpp5           Pentium    optimization
# -tpp6           Pentium Pro, 2, 3  optimization
# -tpp7           Pentium 4  optimization
#
FFLAGS =-Vaxlib -O2 -tpp7

F90FLAGS= $(FFLAGS) -fpp $(CPPFLAGS)
#
# This is needed to tell the compiler where modules
are
# use this for version < 7
# MODULEFLAG= -cl,./intel.pcl
# use this for version = 7
MODULEFLAG= -nomodule -I $(OSHOME)/Modules
-I$(OSHOME)/PW -I$(OSHOME)/PH
#
# Loader:
#
# The following is for Intel MKL libraries v. 5.1 on
Pentium-4
# (remember -DMKL in CPPFLAGS !)
# For MKL v. 5.2, add "-lguide"
# Use libmkl_p3 for Pentium-3, libmkl_p4.a for
Pentium-4 machines
# (MKL will likely not work for other CPUs like
Athlon)
#
#LIBS= -lfftw /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack.a \
      /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_p4.a -lpthread
#
# The following is for Atlas optimized blas/lapack
libraries
# You may not actually need -lcblas . See the manual
for details
# on how to fix I/O incompatibility problems with ifc
#
 LIBS = -lfftw  -L$(HOME)/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2/
-llapack -lf77blas -lcblas -latlas
#
LD=$(F90)
LFLAGS = -Vaxlib $(LIBS)

#
# ar:
#
AR = ar
ARFLAGS = ruv
the compilation was succesful and i get pw.x in PW/,
but when excute the program, i got this message:
"PW/pw.x: error while loading shared libraries:
libfftw.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory"
How can i link the FFTW libraries in make.sys.
THANK you for HELP.