[Pw_forum] indexing of G and k+G vectors.

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon Apr 14 17:38:41 CEST 2003

Dear user,

the list of G vectors g(3,ngm) contains all plane wave with kinetic energy
below ecutrho in order of increasing length.

The index igk(npw) created by calling
gk_sort (xk (1, ik), ngm, g, ecutwfc / tpiba2, npw, igk, g2kin)
for each kpoint when needed (or reading from the file  'prefix'.igk,
unit=iunigk)
contains the information in order to go from the ordering of increasing
k+G
length (the one used for eigenvectors) to the ordering od increasing G
length
(used for charge density, potential etc).

That is:  k+G(igk(i)) is the vector that comes in the i-th place in the
list of k+G
ordered by their length

g2kin(i) is the corresponding kinetic energy in unit of tpiba2
[=(2pi/alat)^2]

best regards,

   Stefano de Gironcoli