[Pw_forum] Error in running example1

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Mon Apr 7 08:24:08 CEST 2003

Dear PWscf users,

I am trying to run the "example1". The needed pseudo-potentials are
different from those available in "pwscf.org".
I changed the existing names to those needed by the code. The following
error is resulted:
-------------------------------
[mahmoud at condmat example1]$ run_example

 running run_example:
 This example shows how to use pw.x to calculate the total energy
 and the band structure of four simple systems: Si, Al, Cu, Ni

 PW_ROOT    is  defined as /home/mahmoud/PWSCF/PW_root
 PSEUDO_DIR is  defined as /home/mahmoud/PWSCF/PW_root/pseudo/
 TMP_DIR    is  defined as /home/mahmoud/tmp/

 checking that needed directories and files exist;  done
 cleaning /home/mahmoud/tmp/ ;  done
 running the scf calculation for Si; /home/mahmoud/PWSCF/PW_root/bin/pw.x:
error
 while loading shared libraries: libguide.so: cannot open shared object
file: No
 such file or directory
 done
 running the band-structure calculation for Si;
/home/mahmoud/PWSCF/PW_root/bin/
pw.x: error while loading shared libraries: libguide.so: cannot open shared
obje
ct file: No such file or directory
 done
 cleaning /home/mahmoud/tmp/ ;  done
The file libguide.so exists in /opt/intel/mkl/lib/32.

Any comments is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
                    Mahmoud